The U.S. Census opened its online reporting. Remember, WE COUNT and your response matters! The information gathered during the Census gives a clear picture of the nation and its people and will inform decisions that will affect our everyday lives for years to come. The Census Self Response Timeframe is March 12 – April 30. Please visit the Moline Public Library webpage that is updated regularly with valuable information. The library is also offering programs and services including the following:
- Tablet/laptops designated specifically for responding to the Census online - NO LIBRARY CARD REQUIRED!
- Free access to their usual public, Internet computers for anyone with an Illinois library card
- Free Wi-Fi for anyone wishing to connect and respond to the Census through their wireless, mobile device
- Census Kits, containing helpful printed information on the 2020 Census, a Wi-Fi hotspot (normal hotspot check-out conditions apply), and an educational book are available for check-out
- Upcoming Events
- Children’s Program (Grades K – 5): Wednesday, March 25 from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. - The Library’s weekly STEAM-A-Rama program will be allocated to Census education and the importance of counting children. Free books will be distributed (limited quantity)
- Census Day: April 1 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. - The Library’s 2nd Floor Program room will be used specifically for those responding to the Census, with staff on hand to provide assistance. Translators from World Relief will also be available to assist with potential problems due to language barriers