Items Prohibited in Garbage
- Acid: Contact Rock Island County Waste Management Agency at 309.788.8925
- Ammunition: Live bullets, explosive materials, fireworks, or other munitions will not be collected.
- Appliances / White Goods (stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, hot water heaters, etc.) Dispose of household appliances (white goods) free by calling 1.877.934.5378 to schedule a time for curbside pick up. You may also request a pick up online at Weikert Recycling Iron & Metal. Residents are allowed four units per household annually at no charge.
- Batteries (Rechargeable): May be taken to Batteries Plus during store hours at 300 Avenue of the Cities, East Moline. Rechargeable batteries that are accepted include vehicle, motorcycle, marine, sealed lead acid, NICD (Nickel Cadmium), Ni-MH Nickel Metal Hydride, and LION (Lithium).
- Combustibles: Old gas tanks – contact your local auto salvage yard. Gas containers – contact Scott Area Landfill at 563.381.1300.
- Computers/Televisions: Contact Scott Area Landfill at 563.823.0119.
- Motor Oil: May be taken to Auto Zone at 4161 Avenue of the Cities or Parts America at 4114 Avenue of the Cities.
- Paint: Unwanted or unused oil-based and latex paint products may be taken to the Scott Area Landfill. Contact 563.381.1300 from drop-off date and directions. No charge.
- Pesticide Cans: Contact Scott Area Landfill at 563.381.1300.
- Tires: Dispose of used passenger tires free by calling 1.877.934.5378 to schedule a time for curbside pick-up or you may request a pick-up online at Weikert Recycling Iron & Metal. Limit of 10 tires per household, per year.
- Bricks and concrete.