Water accounts can only be in the property owner's name. Water / Sewer accounts are billed on a quarterly basis with the City split into three zones. Bills are due 20 days from the date of billing. If you have questions regarding your water/sewer account, please call 309.524.2070 or email us.
Free Leak Detection kits are available at no charge to residents by visiting the Customer Service Office at 1630 8th Avenue, Moline.
Think you have a leak? View our List on How to Determine if You Have One.
Please view our step by step guide on how to read your water meter.
New or Transferred Water Accounts
Bought a new home in Moline? Please fill out the City of Moline's residential water application.
Bought a new business in Moline? Please fill out the City of Moline's commercial water application.
New or Additional Meter
All new services shall pay a new service fee of $100.00 per meter, plus the cost of the meter. The cost of the meter is based on size and billed on the first quarterly bill. More information is available from the Customer Service Office, 1630 8th Avenue, Moline, 309.524.2070.
Need a temporary water meter? Please fill out our form and bring it down to the Finance Department located at 1630 8th Avenue, Moline, 309.524.2070
Payment Options & Location
- Pay online at www.moline.il.us using our online utility payment service. Just click on the “pay utility bill” icon on the website main page and then select “one time payment” option.
- Direct withdrawal from your checking, savings, credit or debit card account using “Auto Pay”. Contact our Finance Office at 309-524-2070 to learn more on this free service.
- Pay by mail. Send your payment to City of Moline, P.O. Box 965, Bedford Park, IL 60499-0965.
- Pay by phone using our automated IVR system. Call 309-524-2070 and select #1. (There is a convenience fee of $3.95)
- Pay in person at our Finance Office at 1630 8th Avenue in Moline. Office hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm M-F.
- 24-hour drop box – Deposit your payment in the drop box located in parking lot across from our Finance Office at 1630 8th Avenue in Moline. Note: cash payments should be made in person at the Finance Office.
- Customer accounts are billed on a quarterly basis.
- Utility bills are due twenty (20) days from the date of billing.
- If payment is not received by the due date, a 5% penalty is applied and a delinquent notice is issued.
- Customers are then allowed a minimum of five (5) additional days to make payment.
- If the account is not paid in full by the termination date identified on the delinquent notice, the account is subject to termination processing.
- Property owners who are unable to pay their utility bill in full, may contact the Finance Office and request a payment arrangement. Such requests must be made before the account becomes delinquent and if approved, the property owner will be required to sign a written payment agreement. Failure to adhere to any part of the payment plan schedule will result in termination of service.
- Questions regarding payment policies and/or account status should be directed to the Finance Office at 1630 8th Avenue in Moline, phone 309-524-2070.
If you are unable to pay your utility bill by the due date and you wish to enter into a payment arrangement, call Customer Service at 309.524.2070 prior to the due date. Payment arrangements are done on a case-by-case basis and only property owners can create payment agreements. Failure to make the payments will result in disconnection of service.
Transfer of Ownership
Your account will be charged a non-refundable Transfer of Ownership Fee of $25.00 on the first utility bill.