Single Family Rehab/Roof
COMING November 2019!!!
This program will assist qualified homeowners in Moline, East Moline and Silvis. Program funding is limited.
Single Family Rehabilitation (SFR), Round 2 with Roof Only Option (SFR-R)
Funding is available to assist income-qualified homeowners to rehabilitate homes.
The Single Family Rehab (SFR) Program - Round 2 will assist low-income and very low-income homeowners with repairs to their homes and remove health and safety hazards by repairing or replacing costly maintenance items.
The Single Family Rehab with Roof Only Option (SFR-R) component will assist low-income and very low-income homeowners with roof replacement and repair only. This includes rafters, soffits, fascia, and downspouts. Assisted homes must not have other apparent health and safety issues.
All properties must be an existing residential one unit single-family property that is independent, privately owned, and non-institutional to be used as owner’s primary residence and not an income property. While the assistance to the homeowner and improving the condition of the home is of primary importance, adding to the stability of the surrounding neighborhood is also a goal of Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA).
Eligible Households Served
All program participants must have household incomes not exceeding 80% of the area median income, based on family size.
Liens and Affordability Period for SFR
- The maximum amount per home is $45,000.
- Funds will be secured to the property as a forgivable loan with a 5-year Mortgage and Promissory Note. The loan will be based on hard costs only. Additional soft costs and project delivery funds will be part of the $45,000 per home maximum.
- Funds to the homeowner will be forgiven at 1/60th per month. However, the balance will be due out of net proceeds upon sale or transfer of the property if such an event occurs during the 5-year recapture period. Cash out will not be permitted during the recapture period unless the unforgiven loan balance is paid in full.
Liens and Affordability Period for SFR-R
- The maximum amount per home is $16,500.
- Eligible homes must not need significant repairs and must not have other apparent health and safety issues in order to qualify for this component.
- Funds will be secured to the property with a forgivable 3-year Mortgage and Promissory Note based on hard costs only.
- Funds to the homeowner will be forgiven at 1/36th per month. However, the balance will be due out of net proceeds upon sale or transfer of the property if such an event occurs during the 3-year recapture period. Cash out will not be permitted during the recapture period unless the unforgiven loan balance is paid.
Please contact KJ Whitley, Community Development Program Manager, by phone at 309-524-2044 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions.