Click to Home
Go To Search
PrintEmailFacebookTwitter
Contributing Properties
 
 sears warehouse 1201-1205-1209 4th Avenue, Sears Roebuck Warehouse (1917; 1950 addition): This massive six-story Art Deco brick anchor block warehouse retains most of its integrity with modifications limited to its loading dock. Occupants: Crandall Transfer & Warehouse Company, Pioneer Transfer & Warheouse Company,Sears Roebuck & Company Warehouse, Lofgren Distributing Company, O'Rourke Brothers Inc., GemVision. This building is currently under development.
 1202 4th Avenue 1202 4th Avenue, Shallberg & Howard Flats (1911): This two-story brick Italianate anchor block was formerly an auto garage with flats above. The storefront for the garage has been altered and the windows for the second-floor apartments have been closed in but these changes could be reversed. The building has a dropped metal cornice supported by paired brackets. Occupants: Shallberg & Howard Garage, Lofgren Distributing Company, Tempo Marine, O'Rourke Brothers Inc.
 one story commercial building 1214 4th Avenue (1950): This is a simple one-part brick faced commercial block. Occupants: C. E. Peterson Sons Contractors.
 1302 4th Avenue 1302 4th Avenue, Paulsen Building (1900): This two-story brick Queen Anne commercial-residential anchor block’s main entrance is canted with an oriel suspended over the doorway. It has a stone belt course beneath the second-floor windows, and another above the windows with a smaller window situated within a patterned brick arch beneath a small centered gable. Occupants: DeClerk Brothers Saloon, The Magnet, Tommy’s. This building houses apartments available for lease.
 1316 4th Avenue 1316 4th Avenue (1899; circa 1930’s addition): This two-part Italianate brick commercial block is notable for its clerestory with multiple ribbed glass windows, its second-story oriel, dropped bracketed cornice and patterned brickwork. Occupants: Ostlunds Buick Garage, H. & H. Motors, Premier Properties. This building currently has residential and commercial space available for lease.
 1200 5th Avenue 1200 5th Avenue (1920): Three bays for auto repairs are included in this “L” shaped structure. Occupants have included a Goodrich tire store and Pontiac automobile dealership.
 two story Queen Anne storefront 1201 5th Avenue (1845): This two-part brick Italianate anchor block building is the oldest in the district. It is in excellent condition and now serves as a chiropractic office. It is notable for its seven geometric iron Corinthian columns at street level, stone sills, and a stone foundation. It has a corner oriel with an ornate embossed metal façade and turret with conical roof, two second-story bay windows and a decorative cornice. Early occupants were John Holt Grocery, Frank Landee Grocery and other Grocers until the 1920’s. This building houses apartments available for lease.

 Two story Victorian house 1207 5th Avenue (1850): This Italianate brick house built for Senator Frank Landee is notable for its large eve brackets, the segmented arches over the door and windows, and the chamfered porch supports. The house was attached to the commercial structure to the west by an enclosed walkway in the 1960’s providing additional office space for several businesses.
 Two part commercial building in brick 1210-12 5th Avenue, Kohler Flats (1910): This two-part commercial-residential brick building is eclectic in style. The storefront has been altered. Italianate brackets support the dropped cornice and several shapes of stone inserts enhance the buildings brick façade. Early occupants: Strombeck Press Company and John Wreman Shoes.
 Two story two part commercial building with replacement facade 1217 5th Avenue (circa 1900): Although it has a false façade, his two-part brick commercial-residential building still retains its Victorian era features. Occupants have included J. Swanson-Grocer, Gustus & Strum Meat Market, Leroy Anderson-Drugs, Ray Anderson- Appliance.
 Two story two part commercial building with replacement facade 1219-1221 5th Avenue (1885): This two-part brick commercial-residential building has a false façade but retains its Victorian-era features. This building was merged in the 1920’s with 1217 5th Avenue to function as one unit. Occupants included: J. Swanson-Grocer, Mengel & Haynes-Meats, Leroy Anderson-Drugs, Ray Anderson-Appliance.
 Two story italianate commercial building in brick 1223 5th Avenue (1885): This two-part brick Italianate commercial-residential building’s façade was altered circa 1910 blending the façade with the adjoining building to the east, adding the second floor single bay, patterned brickwork, and stepped parapet. Occupants included: Charles Swanson Feed Store and Joseph P. Young Cigar Manufacturing.
 Two story italianate commercial building in brick 1225-1227 5th Avenue (1885): Although this two-part brick Italianate commercial-residential building’s storefront has been altered, the two second-story bays, patterned brickwork below the cornice, and recessed window with arched stone hood are in fair to good condition. With the building to its west, it shares a stepped parapet and matching patterned brickwork below the cornice and around the windows. Historic photos show that this alteration was done circa 1910. The location of the cantilevered bays identifies the major difference in the architecture of the two Italianate-style structures. Occupants included a feed store, Swanson’s Grocery, and Fifth Avenue Market.
 Two story corner commercial building in the Queen Anne style 1229-1231 5th Avenue (1895): This recently-renovated two-part Queen Anne commercial-residential building features a corner oriel with a wooden façade, one second-story bay, and a simple wooden cornice. Occupants have included Charles Alsene & Frederick Sundeen Hardware Store, Badger Paint, Old Mill Ice Cream, and Adolphs Tacos. This building houses apartments available for lease.
 brick Gothic church 1230 5th Avenue, First Lutheran Church (1876): Originally built as Swedish Lutheran Church, this Gothic Revival style church is one of Moline’s oldest churches. The façade is notable for its brick flying buttresses, steep gabled roof, limestone accents, arched stained glass windows, and the four sided clock and bell tower. In the 1950’s the congregation, not wanting to alter the historic integrity of the church, rebuilt the church’s foundation opening up access to the basement area providing space for Sunday school rooms and a community room. In the 1990’s a modest addition was added to the rear of the building allowing for the installation of an elevator.
 three story corner commercial building in brick 1305 5th Avenue, Swedish Olive Hall, I.O.F.F. (Independent Order of Odd Fellows) (1909): The Swedish Olive Lodge No. 583 constructed this two-part, three story commercial anchor block, which displays Sullivanesque influences. Although the storefronts have been altered, this building possesses a high level of integrity with raised brick pilasters capped with stone accents, patterned brick work between the second and third floor, and a dropped metal cornice. Occupants: Moline Electric Company, Sharp’s Appliance & Repair, Ydeens Men’s Wear, Floorcrafters.
 three story corner commercial building in brick 1317-1319-1321 5th Avenue, Berglund Block (1915): The façade of this two-part Prairie School commercial block displays patterned brickwork on the second and third floors dividing five sets of paired windows. Single narrow windows at the fourth floor level are located below a dropped stone cornice. The street level storefront has had some alterations. Occupants: Charles Berglund Hardware, J.C. Penney Department Store, WQUA Radio Station, and Morrow’s Academy. This building is currently under development.
 four story brick commercial storefront 1320 5th Avenue, Shallene Brothers Furniture (1919): This two-part brick Mission and Prairie School commercial block has a high level of architectural integrity. Cream-colored tiles above the storefront frame the window wall with stone sills at all the windows. It has a shaped parapet at the roofline with a cartouche displayed in the center showing the buildings date of construction. This building houses apartments available for lease.
 three story corner commercial building in brick 1330 5th Avenue, Industrial Home Block (1919): This Italian Renaissance anchor block building has a high level of integrity. A large wooden street level awning was added in the 1960’s. Patterned brickwork divides the second and third floor paired windows with the name Industrial Home centered below the stone cornice and the roofline’s stone and brick balustrade. An addition was added to the rear of the building in the 1940’s to accommodate Andy’s Playdium Bowling Lanes. Other occupants included: Barbers’ Union, International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Steel Workers Union of America, and the Shoe Hospital. This building is currently for sale.
 late 19th century one-story corner storefront 1331 5th Avenue, Sportsmen’s Inn (1874): This freestanding one-part commercial building has been altered, but retains its gabled roof, bracketed eves, dormers, and architectural design of the original 19th Century structure. The Sportsmen’s Inn was a club and social center for generations of Moline hunters, fishermen, fight fans, baseball experts, and weavers of tall tales. Records state that Mayor John Deere issued the first operating license to August Timm.
 one story corner storefront in tan brick 1403 5th Avenue, White House Restaurant (1930): Over the years this simple one-part brick commercial building has served primarily as a family restaurant. During the late 1970’s and 80’s it also served as a bus transfer stop for touring coaches.
 three story Art Deco storefront with terra cotta veneer 1405 5th Avenue, Carbro Block: (1922): This two-part Gothic & Classical Revival commercial block has a high degree of architectural integrity with its enframed window wall and central storefront entrance. The façade is composed of cream and buff colored glazed tiles that frame the second and third floor paired windows and are seen on the buildings ornate corner pilasters. The deep cornice at the top of the building displays shields and three large medallions. A deep frieze above the second floor windows displays gothic designs situated between the buildings four pilasters. Occupants: Carlson Brothers Book, Toy and Office Supply Store and Fidlers Office Supplies. Office space in this building is currently available.
 five story Art Deco commercial building in tan brick 1409 5th Avenue, (1931): This brick two-part commercial block has the simple lines of the Art Deco/Art Moderne style of architecture. The street level entrance was altered in 2000. Occupants: Hadley Furniture Company, Lind Furniture, and Leath Furniture.
 two story Italian Rennaisance storefront in tan brick 1413-1415 5th Avenue (1922): The storefronts have been only slightly modified in this two-part tan brick Italian Renaissance commercial-residential building that retains a high level of architectural integrity. The second-story windows are framed with terracotta pilasters with arched headings each containing a circular cartouche. A dropped bracketed cornice completes the façades décor. Occupants: Henry H. Rehman Restaurant, Moores Hardware, and Rogers Maytag. This building houses apartments available for lease.
 two-story two-part brick commercial building 1417-1419 5th Avenue, Plambeck-Berglund Block (1902): This brick two-part, commercial-residential Romanesque Revival building has a high level of architectural integrity. Although the street level storefronts have been altered, the second floor with its combination of paired windows and paired copper clad bays remains intact. Notable is the façade’s patterned brickwork and second floor stone sill that stretches the width of the building. Centered beneath the copper clad skipped gabled cornice are two small palladium windows with brick pilasters and arched window hoods. Occupants: Plambeck and Berglund Hardware and Western Union Telegraph.

 two-story two-part brick commercial building 1421-1423 5th Avenue (1911): Dora Plambeck, who owned the Plambeck-Berglund Block, also owned this adjacent property where she contracted for the erection of a structure in 1911. She chose to match the Romanesque Revival architecture of the original 1902 building while adding the more ornate copper clad bays to the newer addition. Occupants: Peoples Furniture and Blackhawk World Travel.
 two story commercial building with brick veneer facade 1422 5th Avenue, Lagomarcino’s Confectionary (1902): The street level storefront of this two-part Prairie School commercial-residential block retains its original centered recessed entrance, with a recessed doorway on the far right side providing access to the second floor apartment. This narrow brick building has a grouping of four windows with stone sills on the second floor with a simple rectangular brick pattern located beneath the roofline. The interior is notable for retaining its 1918 Ice Cream Parlor décor. Occupants: Singer Manufacturing, Ranks’Shoe Store, and Lagomarcino’s Confectionary since 1918.
 historic clock Fifth Avenue & 15th Street (1912): The Seth Thomas cast-iron post clock is eighteen feet tall and sits on a concrete pedestal. The name C.I. Josephson Jewelers is inscribed on the metal bonnet located above the forty-inch two-sided clock face. It is highly visible on Fifth Avenue where it sat from 1912 until it was relocated when the Jewelry store moved to an outlying strip mall in 1984. When the Jewelry store closed in 2002 the owner donated the historic clock to the City of Moline. Volunteers restored the clock before it was returned close to its original location on Fifth Avenue in 2003 and designated a Moline Historic Landmark.
 six story corner bank building in brick with terra cotta details 506 15th Street, Peoples Saving’s Bank & Trust Company (1912): This brick two-part vertical block Chicago Style anchor block has a high degree of architectural integrity. The five-story building was one of the first in the area to use steel girders in its construction. The street level façade was altered in the 1980’s removing ornate stone arched windows and covering the area with marble. The brick façade is notable for its full height brick pilasters with stone caps and for the corner pilasters interspersed with decorative medallions. Occupants: Peoples Saving’s Bank & Trust Company, Moline National Bank, and First Midwest Bank.
 five story brick commercial building with metal cornice 1514-1516-1518-1520 5th Avenue, Reliance Block (1912): This five-story brick Chicago School vertical block has a high degree of architectural integrity. Sitting just above the altered street level storefronts is a wide stone belt course from which the buildings seven brick pilasters rise separating the windows on the upper floors. A deep frieze accented with cream colored patterned brick rises above a narrow stone belt course above the fifth floor windows. A wide ornate copper cornice surrounds the top of the building. This was one of the major department stores in the downtown from 1912 until the 1980’s. Occupants: Lundt & Company Dry Goods, Block & Kuhl Department Store, Carson Pierre Scott & Co. Space in this building is currently available.
 two story brick commercial building with two, two-story window bays 1526 5th Avenue, Poole Block (1912): This narrow two-part brick commercial-residential building’s storefront has been altered. The building shows Italianate influences with its pair of projecting two-story, two-window shuttered wooden bays covering most of the buildings façade. Occupants: S. D. Poole’s Art Store & Painting, Malcolm Jewelers.
 three story corner commercial building in brick 1530-1532 5th Avenue, Leedy Block (1912): Having had only minor changes to its storefronts, this two-part brick Arts & Crafts anchor block has a high level of integrity. A stone course surrounds the base of the second floor and a wider stone course frieze is located below the roofline. Patterned brickwork separates the second and third floor. New windows were installed during renovation in 1992. Occupants: Moline Commercial Club, Y.W.C.A., The Moline Club.
 two story corner commercial building in painted brick 1600-1604-1606-1608 5th Avenue, Lundell Block (1910): This two-part brick Prairie School anchor block still retains a fair level of integrity, although its storefronts have been altered and metal siding covers part of the street level on the west side. Occupants: Martin Cigar Company, C. E. Schultz Drugs, Brown’s Business College, Le Mekong Restaurant.
 three story corner commercial building in brick with classical details 1601-1603 5th Avenue, Sohrbeck Block (1913): Although the storefronts have been modified, this two-part brick commercial Italian Renaissance anchor block retains a high level of integrity. A large sculptured stone belt course separates the first and second floor. Patterned brickwork and keystones accent the windows. A wide dropped cornice with dentils and corner corbels surrounds the building. Occupants: Sohrbeck Drug Store, Seaholm’s Card & Gift Shop, Moline Business College, Julie’s Artistic Rose.
 two story commercial storefront in painted brick with classical details 1610 5th Avenue, Telephone Block (1905): In 1994, this two-part commercial block Beaux-Arts/Classical Revival building underwent renovation. The storefront was altered, but the second-floor brick façade was cleaned and tuck pointed. Brick Pilasters separate the three windows and are accented with large ornamental modillions. A dropped-stone cornice with dentils sits above the large engraved Telephone Building lettering. Occupants: Central Union Telephone Company, Illinois Bell Telephone Company, and Churchill & Churchill Attorneys.
 two-story Art Deco theater 1611 5th Avenue (1920): Originally housing a bank, this two-part commercial building was converted into a Theatre in 1941. At that time an Art Deco style of architecture was applied to the second and third floor. A large recessed area off center displays large multi-colored art squares covering two-thirds of the upper façade with a wide border of vertical and horizontal brick creating an enframed window wall. The storefront has been altered. Occupants: Fifth Avenue Trust & Savings Bank, Illini Theatre, Bond Walgreen Drug Store. This building is currently for sale.
 two story Italian Rennaisance storefront in tan brick 1614 5th Avenue (1928): With its storefront nearly original, this two-part brick Italianate commercial-residential block has a high level of integrity. The second floor is notable for its center grouping of five windows with two narrow side windows accented with wrought iron balconies. A pent roof is supported with large wooden brackets. Occupants: DeWolf & Blomgren Mens Furnishings, and Moline Food Shop Grocery.
 two story Italianate storefront in tan brick 1616 5th Avenue (1928): This two-part brick Italianate commercial-residential block has a high level of integrity with the storefront modified. The second floor is notable for its tall narrow windows, the center grouping of three accented with a wrought iron balcony. The pent roof is supported with large wooden brackets. Occupants: Fitz Gibbon Men’s Clothing.
 one story 1950s storefront with brick veneer facade 1617 5th Avenue (1952): This one-part modern brick commercial building’s storefront façade was altered in 2002. Occupants: W. T. Grant Department Store, Moline Community Center, The Planning Center.
 1620 5th Ave.JPG 1620 5th Avenue, Sears Roebuck Block (1928): From 1928 to 1963, Sears occupied this two-part brick Art Deco commercial block. Although the storefront has been altered, the second-story is notable for its four brick pilasters two of which extend above the roofline and are caped with a decorative motif as well as the diamond patterned brickwork spaced between the pilasters. Occupants: Sears Roebuck, Barnetts Majestic Fireplaces.
 two story storefront with stone veneer 1621 5th Avenue (1955): The façade of this two-part brick Art Deco commercial block is faced with large white square tile. The storefront has been altered. Occupants: Grossman’s Women’s Apparel, Indigo.
 one story five part storefront with Vitrolite veneer 1623 5th Avenue (1929): The corner business in this one-story brick commercial anchor block experienced a major fire in 1949, charring the brick façade. This event may have prompted the application of the Vitrolite glass that covers the façade. Occupants: Johnson’s Cafeteria, LaRose Frock Shop, Farrell & Farrell Men’s Clothing, Lofgrens T.V. and Appliance.
 eight story corner commercial building in the Art Deco style 1630 5th Avenue, Fifth Avenue Block (1930): A classic example of the Art Deco style of architecture, the Fifth Avenue Building is constructed as an "L" shaped brick two-part vertical block. Raised pilasters separate the eight-story buildings numerous windows into groups of two and are capped at the roofline with geometric motifs embellished in ornate colored terracotta tile. The main lobby on Fifth Avenue has classic Art Deco features, and the 17th Street entrance is notable for its elaborate mosaic pattern over the doorway. The building’s façade was altered at street level in 2005. Occupants: Ford Hopkins Drug Store, Schlegel’s Drug Store, WHBF Radio Station, and numerous office functions on upper floors. Office space in this building is currently available for lease.
 two story 1950s department store 1701 5th Avenue, J. C. Penny Block (1955): The 1920’s commercial building formerly located on this corner was demolished in 1955 to make way for the two-story brick Modern anchor block J. C. Penny Department Store. The storefront is original. Modifications to the building are on the back—north—side where a former loading dock was removed to create a rear entrance for the present business. Occupants: J. C. Penny Department Store, Riverstone Group Inc.
 one story storefront with plaster veneer 1711 5th Avenue, Belson’s Music Shop (1925): This plain one-part brick commercial building has had some modifications on the façade. It is recognized for world renowned Moline jazz drummer, Louis Belson, whose parents operated the music store. Occupants: Service Motor Sales, Belson’s Music Shop. This building is currently for sale.
 one story storefront laid in brick with a unique roofline 1715 5th Avenue, Fifth Avenue Arcade (1929): This one-part brick Art Deco window wall commercial block is notable for its stone pilasters which project above the roof line and are accented with large rosettes placed within the shaped cornice. The storefront has been altered and the building now serves as an arcade. Occupants: Eagle Kash & Karry Market, Evans Cleaners and Laundries.
 one story commercial building in painted brick 1721 5th Avenue (1928): This brick one-part Art Deco commercial block served as an auto dealership fronting on Fifth Avenue, while the rear of the building, fronting on 4th Avenue A, served as the dealership’s auto repair shop. The storefront retains some of its original look and simple brickwork is notable on the façade. Occupants: Moline Auto Sales, Harrelson Motors.
 one story two part commercial block in brick 1723-1725 5th Avenue (1930): This is a simple brick one-part Art Deco commercial block. Occupants: Walt’s Sandwich Shop, Hugh’s Sandwich Shop, Duncan Wines & Liquors.
 two part Italianate corner commercial building in brick 1729 5th Avenue (1905): This two-part brick Italianate anchor block commercial building retains a high level of integrity. The storefront has been modified but retains much of its original décor. The second floor is notable for its patterned brickwork above and below the dropped cornice, a copper-clad oriel facing Fifth Avenue and three bay windows facing east onto 18th Street. Occupants: Knox & Son Funeral Home, Schneider’s Drug Store, Mandarin Chinese Restaurant.
 one story brick commercial building 1801 5th Avenue (1929): Brick pilasters separate the altered storefronts of this one-part brick Prairie School commercial anchor block and are capped at the roofline. Patterned brickwork is visible on the west and south sides of the building. Occupants: Tri-City Yellow Cab Company, Lundahl Motors Inc.
 three story corner commercial building in brick 1404 6th Avenue, Eagles Block (1910): This three-story brick Italian Renaissance Anchor Block has been altered at the street level except for the main entrance which retains its original high style of architecture. Brick pilasters either side of the doorway are capped with a decorative stone architrave with an eagle resting on a centered shield. A stone belt course divides the first and second floors as does another course below the dropped metal cornice supported by large metal brackets. Many of the window openings have been closed over, but retain their brick outline. Occupant: Fraternal Order of Eagles No 1112.
 one story modern commercial building with brick veener facade 1409 6th Avenue (1955): No building is listed at this location prior to 1955. This one-part modern commercial block served as office space for two doctors. Occupants: Doctor’s Henry and Louis Arp.
 two story storefront in the classical revival style 1417 6th Avenue, Hemmingson Block (1912): Although its two-part brick Classical Revival’s storefront has been altered, the building retains a high level of architectural integrity. Notable are the paired two-story copper-clad bays embellished with raised wreaths, the patterned brickwork around the bays, and the dropped cornice with dentils. Occupants: Hemmingson Brothers Hardware, Vander Vennet’s Hardware, Ring Hardware. This building currently has residential and commercial space available for lease.
 two story corner storefront in tan brick with classical details 1502 6th Avenue, Montgomery Ward Block (1930): This Art Deco two-part commercial anchor block’s storefront retains most of its original configuration. Multiple brick pilasters on the façade are capped with decorative art stones that intersect the deep frieze. The frieze over the main storefront entrance displays a raised stone panel displaying the Ward’s shield. Occupants: Montgomery Ward Department Store. Space in this building is currently available.
 two story classical revival storefront in brick 1522 6th Avenue (1910): The storefront on this two-part brick Classical Revival commercial building has been modified. The second-floor patterned brickwork highlights the copper-clad oriel and an altered window. Occupants: Abrahamson Meat Market, Frank Ganz, Dyer and Cleaner, Svithiod Club.
 two story commercial building in brick with classical details 1524 6th Avenue, Ainsworth Block (1920): This two-part Italianate brick commercial-residential building has a high level of integrity above the altered storefront. White terra cotta tile frame the three paired second-floor windows beneath the decorative frieze with patterned brickwork and dentals and the white tile cap at the roofline. Occupants: Moline Hardware Company, Temple’s Sporting Goods.
 one-story commercial building in brick 1528 6th Avenue (1925): This two-part brick commercial building retains most of its storefront including the clerestory’s prism glass windows. Occupants: Robb-Dayton Electrical Company, Moline Glass, Joseph R. Rosborough Lawyer, Hanna & Rudd Attorneys at Law.
 two-story tudor revival residence 1529 6th Avenue (1895): This Tudor style residence was converted for commercial use around 1915. Only minor changes have been made to the original structure preserving the original scalloped vergeboard on the front facing gable and its stucco facade. Occupants: Charles Arvidson residence, Great A. P. Tea Company, Midwest Typewriter Company, The Fun Co.
 simple one story commercial storefront in brick 1530-1532-1540 6th Avenue (1949): This one-story commercial building has a simple brick façade. Occupants: Bongren Jewelers, Swansons Nu Enamel, Richard A. Gilson Optometrist, Hungry Boy Deli.
 two story corner classical revival building with two, two-story porches 1702 6th Avenue, Elks Club (1924): This Neoclassical two-story brick and stone anchor block has exceptional architectural integrity. Two full-height two-story side porches, each supported by twelve Corinthian columns, flank the building’s recessed central entrance. The windows have been altered but retain their keystones and stone sills. A stone balustrade is located above a heavy entablature interrupted with an ornate carved clock and medallions over the central entrance. Occupants: Moline Elks Lodge No. 556, Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA), Community Christian Fellowship.
 one story moderne building with stone and glass 1727 6th Avenue (1950): This freestanding one-part Art Moderne brick commercial building has been modified with a drive-up teller located on the east side. Occupants: Condy’s Diner, First Federal Savings & Loan, Moline Dispatch.
 two story front gable storefront with faux brick siding 1329 7th Avenue (1891): This two-part Italianate commercial freestanding anchor block has been covered with faux-brick since the 1940’s. The storefront has been altered, but the buildings overall shape, its numerous arched windows, and gabled roof remain intact. Occupants: Andrew Monson Undertaker & Furniture, Frankel Brothers Grocery, Moline Upholstering Company.
 modified house with storefront 1403 7th Avenue (1898): This two-part commercial anchor building shows some Mission influences in the brick storefront façade with its two pediments located above small stone arched windows. The gabled second-story sits back behind the pediments and is covered with stucco and accented with two diamond shaped windows. Occupants: Edward VanDaele Saloon, Seventh Avenue Tavern, McManus Pub.
 one story storefront with replacement facade 1405 7th Avenue (1891): This two-part brick commercial block’s storefront and façade have been altered but retains its architectural design. Occupants: William Heuck, Butter and Eggs, Groceries, Baer Electric Company, Sharp’s Appliance. This building is currently for rent.
 two story storefront with replacement facade 1407 7th Avenue (1891): This two-part brick commercial building has a false façade but retains its architectural design. Occupants: Henry Thompson Boots & Shoes, Irvin Ross, Grocery, Five Point Bakery, Cruz Cuts.
 one story corner commercial building with peramstone veneer 1411 7th Avenue (1915): This one-story brick commercial anchor block building has a partial false façade but retains its architectural style. Occupants: Egbert Tilson Meat Market.
 one story commercial building with brick veneer 1519 7th Avenue (1949): This is a simple one-part brick faced commercial block. Occupants: Ogden Electrical Service.
 two part commercial building in brick
315 12th Street, Block Coal (1914): This small two-part brick building with Italaniate influences is notable for its patterned brickwork and stone windowsills. A 1950’s garage addition was added to the rear and south side of the building. Occupants: W. G. Block Coal Company, Campos Garage.
 one story modern commercial building in brick 512 12th Street (1930): This one-part brick commercial building has a false stepped parapet with influences of Prairie School design. An addition has been added to the back of the building, date unknown. Occupants: Coyne Motor Company, Simko Electric Company.
 two story brick apartment building 408 13th Street, Paulsen Flats (1906): This two-story brick Italianate apartment building has a recessed covered entry framed with wooden pillars. A keystone is centered within the patterned brickwork over the second-floor windows. This building houses apartments available for lease.
 two story brick house in Queen Anne style 414 13th Street (1905): This Queen Anne brick house has a large two-story bay with a conical roofed tower. A stone belt course surrounds the house at the base of the first floor windows with stone sills on the second floor windows. The houses front porch has been removed. Occupants: August Paulson.
 three story brick apartment building 415-421 13th Street, Alsene Flats (1912): This two-part three-story apartment building displays influences of the Chicago School of Architecture. Patterned brickwork is notable on the façade with a decorative frieze band below a dropped cornice supported with stone brackets. Second and third floor wrought iron balconies are centered on the building’s façade. Occupants: Union Billiard Room, Auto Parts Company. This building houses apartments available for lease.
 two story commercial building in brick 415 14th Street (1900): This two-part corner brick Queen Anne commercial-residential anchor block retains much of its architectural integrity. A copper clad oriel projects over the buildings canted main entrance. The patterned brickwork on the facade is exceptionally detailed and ornate. Occupants: Swan Larson Saloon, Joseph Veys Soft Drinks, Allay Inn Tavern, McDermotts Construction.
 one story slender historic commercial building 417 14th Street, Barbershop (1930): This simple freestanding one-part brick commercial block retains its storefront entrance and dropped pent roof supported by corner brackets. Occupants: Andrew C. Sheesley Barber, Grant H. Burgeson Barber, Parrot-Dice-Collectibles & Antiques, LuChair Designs.
 one story commercial building laid in tan brick 519 14th Street (1921): This one-part brick commercial building has been modified, but still retains influences of the Prairie School architectural design. Occupants: H. & S. Overland Company, Moline Glass Company.
 one-story one-part commercial storefront in brick 525 14th Street, J. P. Hands Block (1920): This one-part brick window wall Prairie style commercial building has a high level of architectural integrity. Notable is the patterned brick façade and the stepped pediment over the centered storefront. Occupants: J. P. Hand Storage Batteries, Overland-Knight Motor Company, Club Rendezvous. This building is currently for sale.
 one story corner storefront with aluminum facade 527 14th Street (1902): This one-part brick commercial building has been partially altered with a false façade. Occupants: Anderson & Lafgren Saloon, White Owl Tavern.
 two story Queen Anne commercial building in brick 415 15th Street, G. M. Ford Block (1891): The storefront on this two-part Queen Anne brick commercial-residential block has been altered, but the building retains its second-story oriel, two alley side bays, and its central raised pediment with G. M. Ford in raised lettering. A grouping of three windows framed with pilasters and an ornate architrave completes the second floor façade. Occupants: Mechanics & Merchants National Bank, Leader Store, J. Gatsby’s, Bier Stube Bar & Grill.
 two story Queen Anne commercial building in brick 417 15th Street, Carbro Block (1901): The storefront has been altered on this two-part brick Chateauesque commercial-residential block, but the building retains its unique second-story windows framed with spear-like pinnacles trimmed with garlands. The roof top pediment continues this Chateauesque design. This building was blended with the Pierr Block in 1940. Occupants: Carlson Brothers, Leader Store, J. Gatsby’s, Bier Stube Bar & Grill.
 three story Neoclassical storefront in brick 419-423 15th Street, Pierr Block (1896): This two-part, three-story brick Classical Revival commercial-residential block retains the building’s main storefront in its central set-back location, although it has been modified. Windows in groups of three on the second and third floor rest on stone sills. The third floor windows are framed with pediments with a half-circle cartouche over the center. Dentils and ornate squares are apparent on the cornice. Occupants: New York Store, Vander Vennet Men’s Clothing. This building houses apartments available for lease.
 425 15th St.JPG 425 15th Street, Rosenstein Block (1897): The brick façade on this two-part Colonial Revival anchor commercial-residential block was covered with white terra cotta tile in 1911 when it became State Savings Bank & Trust Company. The canted corner entrance is framed with ornate flowered tile and is part of the building’s full-height corner bay with a smaller full-height bay located on the opposite corner. The dropped cornice is notable for its modillions and egg and dart design. Occupants: The Boston Store, State Bank & Trust Company, Walgreen Drug Store, Cleveland Butts Insurance, Brew Bakers Pub, Jack’s Place. This building houses apartments available for lease.
 eight story corner bank building 501 15th Street, Bank Building (1918): This eight-story brick Beaux Arts anchor block has a high degree of architectural integrity. The façade is notable for its three-part vertical block capped at the eighth floor by a stone sill where stone urns conceal exterior lighting. Decorative wreaths and garlands grace the frieze at the four corners stretched between three sets of small windows all located just beneath the cornice. Over the years the upper floors has offered office space for a variety of tenants, including a large number of dentists up until the 1980s. Occupants: Moline Trust & Savings Bank, First National Bank, Chase Bank. Space in this building is currently available.
 two story corner commercial building in brick 524 15th Street, Kerns Block (1900): This two-part brick anchor block building displays Italianate influences. All but one of the storefronts has been bricked over. A stone belt course forms the sills of the second-floor windows. Patterned brickwork highlights the frieze. Occupants: Dr. Edward L. Kerns, North Star Benefit Association.
 modified house with storefront addition 525 15th Street (1900): Asbestos siding covers the façade of this two-story Italianate house that has had a large bay added to the front of the second-floor. The gabled roof, bracketed eaves, and tall narrow second-floor windows continue to display the architecture of the original house. Occupants: James L. Wright Saloon, Tri-City Café.
 modified house with storefront addition 527-529-531 15th Street (1905): This is a simple brick two-part Commercial anchor block. Space in this building is currently available.
 corner Chateauesque storefront 601-605 15th Street (1906): The street level entrances of this two-part Chateauesque commercial anchor block have been modified but retain much of their original appearance. Raised plaster garlands appear above the main and side entrances and at the corners of the building. The canted front gable has a square bay with patterned brickwork above and below, and a second floor oriel is located on the rear east facing side of the building. Occupants: Grey Gables Restaurant, Glenn More Tap, Chino’s, La Primavera.
 two part commercial building in brick 615-617 15th Street (1950): This is a simple one-story brick commercial building. Occupants: Trade Winds Antiques, Montgomery Ward Warehouse.
 two part commercial building in brick 620-624-626 15th Street (1930): This is a simple one-part brick commercial building. Occupants: John McCall Barber, Moline Typewriter, Singer Sewing Machine Company, Sam the Tailor.
 one story corner commercial building 630 15th Street (1933): This one-part brick auto service station retains most of its original architectural features including a side addition for service bays. Occupants: Phillips Petroleum Service Station, Olson’s Garage.
 two story commercial building in brick 422 16th Street (1915): The storefront on this two-part Art Deco brick commercial block has been altered. The four second-floor windows rest on a stone belt course with patterned brickwork notable on the façade. Occupants: Roderick Café, Lehmans Cafeteria, Illinois Optical Company.
 two story commercial building in brick 510-512 16th Street (1896): The storefront on this two-part brick commercial-residential block retains its centered entrance with two sets of paired windows on the second floor located beneath patterned brick work and a dropped cornice. Occupants: Moline Art Gallery, Coney Island Lunch, Christopher “D’s.” This building houses apartments available for lease.
 two story commercial building in brick with a two story bay window 514 16th Street (1909): The storefront on this two-part Italianate commercial-residential building has been altered. Located above the storefront are two oriels separated by a wrought iron balcony. Two sets of two-story projecting bays are located on the alley or south side of the building. Occupants: Albert C. Woodyatt, Pianos, Moline Lunch, Christopher “D’s.” This building houses apartments available for lease.
 one story brick commercial storefront 523 16th Street (1930): This is a simple one-part brick faced commercial building.
 two story corner commercial building in a Gothic style with terra cotta facade 525 16th Street, City Hall Annex (1928): This Gothic Revival anchor block arcade has a high level of integrity. Light gray terra cotta tile form the pilasters and arches over the buildings five storefronts. Pairs of diamond pane windows on the second floor are seen under the dropped cornice. An irregular entablature displays a religious symbol at the corners of the building. Occupants: First Unitarian Church, 14th Judicial Circuit Court.
 Moline City Hall 619 16th Street, Moline City Hall (1914 – Altered 1960’s): Moline’s City Hall is a two-story Neo-Classical anchor block with stone pilasters separating the buildings numerous elongated windows. An ornate cornice and full height entry porch supported by four Corinthian columns was removed in the 1960’s.
 one story commercial building in brick 417 17th Street (1920): The patterned brickwork window wall distinguishes this freestanding one-story Prairie School commercial block with brick pilasters at the corners. Occupants: Drew Donaldson Dodge Brothers Auto.
 Moline Public Library 504 17th Street, Carnegie Library (1903): This outstanding Neo Classical three-story local historic landmark is notable for its full-height portico with center gabled roof supported by four massive ionic columns. The building has a large stone foundation interspersed with basement windows at ground level. The windows on the third level are arched with stone hoods. Ornamental brackets and dentals are displayed beneath the deep metal cornice. Occupant: Moline Public Library. This building is currently for sale.
 original Moline post office 514 17th Street, David Bybee Block (1934): This government Art Deco anchor block has a light gray stone façade with a carved decorative border at the roofline. Inside is a depression-era mural by Edward Millman entitled "Ploughshare Manufacturing" painted in 1937. Occupant: Moline Post Office.
 one room commercial building in brick 425 18th Street (1928): This simple freestanding one-part brick commercial block served as an office for several auto sales businesses. Occupants: Moline Auto Sales, Harrelson Motors.
 one story commercial buildilng in tan brick 515 18th Street (1924): This freestanding one-part brick commercial building displays some patterned brickwork above the modified storefront. A garage door at the east side of the building facing the alley provides access to the interior. Occupants: Streed & Scheppers Auto & Bicycle Tires, Sieg Company Auto Supply, Moline Dispatch Conference Center.