Click to Home
Go To Search
Zoning Map Amendment
A property owner who wishes to use land for purposes other than those permitted by the current zoning classification may request a zoning map amendment, known as rezoning. A rezoning may occur following a public hearing held before the Plan Commission and final approval from the City Council. There are a series of criteria to be considered, including compliance with the Comprehensive Plan, listed at Sec. 35-2203(c) of the Zoning and Land Development Code.