Do I have to hire an engineer to obtain a permit?
For Class 1 Drainage Permits, projects 500 square feet and less than 1 acre of land disturbance, no engineer calculations are needed. A simple hand drawn site sketch will suffice.

For Class 2 Drainage Permits, projects 1-acre in size or more, design calculations and engineer certified existing and proposed drainage plans are required. These requirements mimic those of the Illinois EPA and Illinois state drainage law for site disturbance over 1-acre.

Show All Answers

1. Why does Moline have a Drainage Permit?
2. Do I need a permit?
3. When will my site be inspected?
4. If I don’t need a permit, do I still need erosion control?
5. Why is the permit threshold (500 square foot land disturbance) so low?
6. Why is the Drainage Permit fee so expensive?
7. I took out the Drainage Permit but someone else (homeowner, subcontractor) violated the Ordinance. Why am I in trouble?
8. I’m a contractor / homebuilder / landscaper not an erosion control company. How do I learn about erosion control?
9. Do I have to hire an engineer to obtain a permit?
10. What if I already started the project?
11. How long does it take to obtain a permit?