Are you required to have an attorney for your ordinance violation case?

For ordinance violation cases, you are not required to have an attorney present in Rock Island Circuit Court nor will a public attorney be appointed to your case. Each individual ordered to appear in Rock Island Circuit Court must use his or her own discretion in deciding whether to hire an attorney to defend his or her case. Please be advised that the attorneys who represent the City of Moline in ordinance violation cases act as prosecutors for the City of Moline and cannot provide you with legal advice.

Show All Answers

1. How do I make a Freedom of Information Request?
2. What does the City do about abandoned/inoperable vehicles?
3. Is the City's Corporation Counsel "my attorney" if I live in the City of Moline?
4. Where can I find the Moline Code of Ordinances?
5. My neighbor and I are involved in a dispute. What can the City do to help resolve this situation?
6. What is a Notice & Order courtesy notice?
7. I have been issued an ordinance violation, what should I do?
8. What is the Rental Housing Inspection Program?
9. Are you required to have an attorney for your ordinance violation case?
10. When will the City close the ordinance violation case against me?
11. Can I request community service as penalty for my offense?
12. What are the fines for ordinance violations?
13. Can juveniles enter their plea alone?
14. What forms of payment does the Circuit Court accept?
15. What can I do about my neighbors tree branches hanging over my property?
16. What is a weed/vegetation nuisance violation?