Freedom of Information Request
Freedom of Information Act
Illinois Statute: 5 ILCS 140 et. seq.
Certain types of information require submission of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request Form.
Per the Act, upon submission of a FOIA request form to the Law Department:
- A written response will be provided within 5 business days of receipt.
- In some instances, a written response within 10 business days of receipt may be necessary.
- In such instances, the requesting party will be notified of same.
- For commercial requests, a written response will be provided within 21 business days of receipt.
- A fee of $.15 per page will be charged for all requests containing 50 pages or more.
- A fee of $1.00 applies for certification of the response by the FOIA Officer (optional).
- All written responses will be provided via U.S. Mail unless otherwise arranged.
Pursuant to the Rights of Crime Victims and Witnesses Act, 720 ILCS 5/120, the City of Moline does not charge for a copy of a police report issued to a victim for cases involving violent crime.
- FOIA Request Form - this form may be downloaded for completion.
- Online FOIA Request Form - this form can be be filed out online.
- Forms may also be obtained by contacting:
- City Hall Law Department, 619 16th Street, Moline, IL 61265; or
- 309-524-2015; or
- Freedom of Information Act in full
- Documents/information that would require submission of a FOIA Request form
- Documents/information that would not require submission of a FOIA Request form
- Information regarding the City’s Government - links to Government web pages
- Required statutory information regarding the City per 5 ILCS 140/4