- Yard waste collection runs April 2 through December 14, 2018.
- Bagged lawn waste must be in biodegradable paper bags of 30-gallon capacity or less, and have a City yard waste sticker attached.
- Stickers may be purchased for $2 at local retailers and at the Finance Office at 1630 8th Avenue.
- Stickers are not required from October 15 through December 14, 2018.
- Yard waste carts can be requested and will be provided by the City upon payment of a prepaid fee of $79.96; an annual administrative fee of $100 will be charged to cover disposal of contents and will be added to utility bill.
- Yard waste will be collected on the same day as regular garbage collection day.
Brush & Tree Limbs
- For free pick up, brush trimmings or tree limbs must be tied into bundles with individual limbs being no more than 4 feet in length and no more than 4 inches in diameter, and the bundles being no more than 1 foot in diameter.
- Brush is collected on the same day as regular garbage collection.
- Unbundled and larger piles of brush and limbs require prepayment of $140 paid at the Moline Finance Office, 1630 8th Avenue.
- Please stack neatly, not under any low wires or next to trees or poles.
- There is no limit to the size of the pile, but 4 inches diameter is the maximum per branch.
Residents may consider the most environmentally-friendly option, mulching or composting their leaves as a green method of leaf disposal. Mulching using the proper mower incorporates your grass and leaf waste back into your yard, while composting using a modern bin can make usable planting materials for your garden or flower beds. Residents are encouraged to use one or a combination of both of these green options.
Please note that burning of leaves, tree branches and grass clippings is no longer permitted.
Please Note: Residents of Moline can take refuse and yard waste to the drop off site at the Upper Rock Island County Landfill, 17201 20th Avenue North, East Moline, Illinois, for $25 per pick-up truck size load.